Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Quoted post

#747 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-07-11 01:32

#746: - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

oh and i add we met 5 individuals when we left the common all in support of the grazing having seen the state the common has got in the past few years 5 and 25 years respectively.

Replies

Steve McCarron

#749 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-07-11 01:40:22

#747: - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

The common has never looked so bad as it does now.

The common has not been the subject of deliberate deforestation on this scale at any time, if it had there would be little of it left now, change is not necessary, the species issue is not right. The rarity of the types is overblown. Can you tell me where else in the world vast amounts of money are spent to artificially sustain an unatural man made enviroment in favour of a few niche species that congregate there because it is an aberation? Can somebody tell what wildlife will benefit that  do not habitat there at the moment or live in the surrounding countryside.

Can you tell me why grazing is being introduced when this is in direct contradiction to WCC's policy?

Can you tell me how 33 cattle will have any impact on rampant fern and bramble since deforestation?

Can you tell me how the cattle can be disuaded from grazing on habitat previously "protected" by SSSI

Can we visit some of these "Succesful schemes together?"