Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Steve McCarron

/ #716 Re: Re:

2011-07-09 01:18

#714: - Re:

In which case you would not be planning to put cattle on the site because they will eat the valued flora and fauna which was noted in the earlier two sssi listings and on the new information boards, with reference to the stopping of grazing by WCC for exactly that reason.

Nor would you let cattle graze over a prehistoric archaeological site.

No mention of spraying asulox as a management tool either.

The cattle will not combat the new preponderent plant life, fern, which will always succeed over heather, hence asulox.

Can you tell me the enviromental benefit of creating an artificial, unsustainable 200 acre space that will need tending for ever. Not very carbon neutral.

Can you tell me why 100-150 year old oaks are being cut down in abundance when they were certainaly present at both listings. This one is 22 inches in diameter making it roughley 150 years old

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x395/stevemac2/DSCF6638.jpg...

Heathland habitats are abundant without grazing and do not rely on it, as heath is plentiful  at hartlebury.

You  are the first person that I have met that thinks your schemes  nearby have been a success. The public I meet have a very different point of view of their own and talk of failing disorganized sites.

I would be happy to walk the areas in question with you, with a member of the press, to discuss these points.

Steve McCarron